GRAB A STICK AND GO FOR A HIKE
The Anchorage Inn
Lodging on Orcas Island, Washington
"Your Private Waterfront Paradise"
VIEW OF THE FERRY . . .
Most guests flying to Washington State will arrive at Sea-Tac international airport just south of Seattle.
Since Orcas is a large island (approximately 55 square miles) with lots to do and see a private/rental vehicle is highly recommended.
- Take interstate five north to exit 230/Highway 20 just north of Mount Vernon. A large sign will read Anacortes/San Juan Ferry.
- Proceed west on Highway 20 to Anacortes and follow the signs to the ferry landing.
- Allow two hours travel time from Sea-Tac Airport to the ferry terminal.
- Reservations for the ferry to and from Orcas can now be made on line at: "https://secureapps.wsdot.wa.gov/Ferries/Reservations/Vehicle/default.aspx".
(Assure you book a round trip and not just to Orcas).
- If you don't have a reservation at busy times you may have to wait multiple sailings for a space as most ferries will be fully loaded.
It is a first come first serve process so we recommend making your reservation early otherwise you may have a very late arrival.
- Once your reservation has been made please let us know so we can plan for your arrival.
- The ferry terminal is a pleasant setting, ideal for reading a book or getting reacquainted.
- Once aboard the comfortable ferry the hour and twenty minute ride is unforgettable with majestic views of the island chain to help prepare you for what is to come.
- As you depart the ferry turn left and follow the traffic along Orcas Road toward the town of Eastsound for seven miles, then turn right on Sunderlund Road. The landmarks here will be Crow Valley Pottery on your left and Orcas Golf Course on your right. Sunderlund Road is the only road going through the golf course.
- Proceed approximately one mile to the very end of Sunderlund Road where Bronson Way goes to the left. Stay on Bronson Way all the way to the end and Anchorage Inn.
- Check in at the reception area next to parking.
Please notify us if you will be arriving after 6:00 PM
© 1997-2008 Anchorage Inn. All rights reserved.